FORMER FEGS STAFF
Information Concerning Former FEGS Staff
- Updated February 21th, 2017 -
Dear Former FEGS Employees,
Please read below to update you on some new information:
1. To: Former FEGS Staff Member(s) covered under United Healthcare/Oxford Insurance Plan in 2015:
You may have recently received a notice from United Healthcare/Oxford (the health insurer for FEGS) regarding a Medical Loss Ratio Rebate (MLR) that FEGS and other insured entities with Oxford were eligible for as provided by the federal Affordable Care Act. Under the Affordable Care Act, insurers generally must spend a minimum percentage of premiums received each year on health care services, such as doctors and hospital bills, and activities to improve health care quality. Insurers whose expenditures fall short of MLR targets must pay rebates. We are currently reviewing the 2015 rebate as it corresponds to each individual's portion based on the exact percentage of the premiums he or she paid to the Oxford health plan during 2015. As soon as we have completed this review, eligible individuals will be receiving, via mail, a rebate check in a similar fashion as last year's rebate check. Please note, this payment is unrelated to any claims that you may have in the FEGS bankruptcy proceedings.
2. As you may be aware, Local 215, District Council 1707, CSAEU, AFSCME, AFL-CIO (the "Union"), through its outside lawyers, has for the past several months been engaged in discussions with FEGS and the Creditors’ Committee about a settlement of the members’ severance, WARN Act and vacation pay claims. On November 23, 2016, FEGS, with the support of the Creditors’ Committee, filed a Motion to approve a proposed Settlement Agreement with the Union those claims as well as the claim of the National Labor Relations Board for back pay. The Settlement was approved and those payments were sent out on February 17th, 2017 to eligible Union employees who worked at FEGS and were due a settlement payment. For Union represented staff, questions regarding the terms of the Settlement Agreement, the Settlement Amounts or any other related matters must be directed to the Union. You should contact Larry Cary, Esq., of Cary Kane, LLP, counsel to the Union. Mr. Cary’s address and phone are as follows: 1350 Broadway, Suite 1400, New York, NY 10018; Phone: (212) 868-6300.
3. Information about the claims process is available at http://omnimgt.com/fegs or call: 866-205-3142
4. In order to ensure that FEGS’s former employees’ records are correct, as it relates to any correspondence sent now or in the future, please fill out your information in all the fields by clicking this link. If your address has changed since your employment with FEGS, please update your information.
5. To request employment verification regarding former FEGS staff, please click here to download and complete the release form - http://metalquest.com/MQInnerTrust.html.
Director, Senior Human Resources
Phone 212-366-8541/Email: ASlutsky@FEGS.org